Reverse Engineering & Deformulation Service
Deformulation, also known as reverse engineering, can be done in one of two ways.
- The best and by far the least expensive method is to go by the list of ingredients and the job duties for the product. We can sub or replace some of the expensive “brand name” ingredients if your budget doesn’t allow for ingredients with high MOQs. This method is HIGHLY effective since, by law, all ingredients must be listed in order of percentage. We use known percentages for ingredients job duties when re-formulating the product. This method works extremely well for us. With this said, almost in all cases we can make the product better than the product being reverse-engineered.
- Full Identification & Quantification of All Chemical Components. This very expensive option may not always yield the desired results. This method can’t identify brand-name ingredients that may be in the product, thus you don’t end up with the desired results.
Deformation or reverse engineering requires a broad understanding of the type of product and the potential ingredients that are key ingredients in the product.
Reverse engineering & Deformulation services can help you
- Competitor product analysis
- Make improvements on competing product
- Engineer out complaints on competing or your own products
- Resolve manufacturer issues
- Take control of your own brand from Contract Manufacturers who won’t share the formulation and mixing instructions with you
- Full product development from the formulation to lab samples that will have you ready for manufacturing
- You own the formulation, and we also provide the full mixing/manufacturing instructions
- We provide lab samples for your approval
- We typically like to modify or make the product better if that is of interest
- We can engineer out flaws in the product that lead to negative reviews
Our service range includes, but is not limited to:
- Skincare products
- Hair care products
- Sorry, we do not do mascara or color cosmetics, or fragrances